Dubai Expat Guides

Are you thinking of relocating to Dubai? Then get hold of this really great digital guide to give you all the up-to-date info about Dubai. There are so many rules and regulations that you need to know before you get here.. Click Here for More Info

Are you looking for a job in Dubai? Have you been looking through the normal channels and not got anywhere? This ebook will tell you why and give you the lowdown on how to get the job you want in Dubai Click Here for More Info

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Dubai Metro


So the Dubai Metro starts in 3 days time. A lot of people are very excited about this (including me!), others are saying it will just be another thing Dubai has that doesn't get used. In any case, people seem to be searching for information about it and sometimes getting nowhere. If you google dubai metro ticket prices you will eventually find a site that actually tells you them but it's not the RTA site. Why did the RTA not build a site that would help the users of the Metro? Their site just seems to have information about the construction of it which, quite frankly, I am not that interested in.

People using it want to know things like - where can I get my Nol card? How much is each journey? Which stations are opening? Which buses feed the stations and how often? Well, in light of this lack of information all in one place, I decided to build my own site without any of the spiel, news about who is going to use it on their birthday, which retailers have pulled out etc, just the cold hard fact that people want to know.

I also wanted it to be interactive so that users could add extra information if they knew it or just contact me to ask me to add/change things. And so www.Dubai-Metro.me was born. Have a look and tell me what you think and if you think something needs changing then let me know.

No comments: